Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Covid-19 Australia: South Australia records one new case linked to NT miner

7

South Australia reports one new case of Covid linked to a miner who recently returned from the NT and infected his entire family

  • South Australia reported one new Covid-19 case from Northern Territory miner
  • All six members of the miner’s family have been infected with the virus 

South Australia has reported another Covid-19 case linked to a miner who recently returned from the Northern Territory.

Premier Steven Marshall said on Friday a fourth child in the man’s family has now tested positive for the virus.

All six family members, who all have the infection, have been transferred to Adelaide‘s dedicated facility for positive cases and are not considered a risk to the wider community.

Premier Steven Marshall said on Friday a fourth child in the man’s family has now tested positive for the virus

But Mr Marshall says South Australia will not reduce its current COVID-19 restrictions given the level of community transmission around the country, including the extra 31 cases in NSW announced on Friday.

Those measures include a reduced density requirement for most venues, mandatory mask-wearing in high-risk settings and a limit of 10 people at family gatherings.

The premier says those measures are likely to stay in place until at least early next week.

SA also has hard border closures in place with Western Australia, NSW, Queensland and the ACT.

Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said she was ‘feeling very comfortable this morning’ about the situation in SA.

Close and casual contacts of the miner, who flew back into Adelaide last week, have been tested and all returned negative tests, including a group of his fellow workers.

More to come 

Advertisement

Source

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More